Thursday, May 31, 2012

MFT Guest Designer Entry- June 2012

I thought I would be brave and try my hand at the guest designer contest at My Favorite Things again this month.   The challenge for this month was limited to creating a card based on a sketch provided by the MFT Design Team.  I have to say that it relieved the pressure a bit to have a sketch to work with and I really enjoyed it.  Here is the sketch that we had to work with:


This was my interpretation of the sketch:



As soon as I saw the sketch I immediately thought ribbon for the pink strips behind the main panel instead of paper. I found four rolls of the same ribbon in different colors and my color inspiration was born.  I added the twine in coordinating colors to add a bit more texture. The patterned papers are from Stampin' Up! and My Minds Eye -On the Bright Side.  I used MFT Die-Namics for the clouds and for the file tab with the card sentiment on the front.  Can I say how much I LOVE Die-namics?  So versatile and easy to use!!  To add the last bit of detail to the background I used my Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder to bring dimension to the "sky" and clouds.

 I also knew exactly which Pure Innocence stamp set I wanted to use- Make A Splash. Isn't she adorable? I colored her with Copics and fussy cut her.  I added some torn strips of Kraft cardstock (from MFT), sponged on the edges to give the look of sand. 

For the last detail I didn't think that a flower embellishment made any sense with my theme so I decided I needed to create my own.  What goes better with the beach and swimsuits than flip flops??  



I was very happy with how it all came together.  You can check out all of the entries here on the Splitcoast Stampers gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment