Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge- Design Team Call

I'm getting braver- another entry into a design team contest!  I ran across this sketch challenge during my blog hopping. I love Karen's work - her cards are always gorgeous and I always find inspiration in them.  








What a great sketch!  I decided to make two different cards with this sketch. 


The first is definitely more my style- a bit whimsical.


I actually took the time to hand-stitch the larger blooms on this one to add a bit more detail to the flower. I wasn't nearly as ambitious with the rest of the stitching and used my Janome Sew-Mini to machine stitch the borders and background for the flower.  My papers are from the Simple Stories Summer Fresh line. I LOVE this paper, now that I've used a bit of my stash I feel like I need to go hoard more so I never run out.  I've had this stamp set for years and not even sure what it is called or who manufactured it.

No comments:

Post a Comment