Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Favorite Things Guest Designer Contest-July

It's no secret that I am a huge fan of My Favorite Things.  Their stamps and Die-namics feed my addiction and get my creative juices flowing.  The July Guest Designer contest is on and once again this month they have provided a wonderful sketch to work from.



I am really digging this trend of the banner/pennants in paper crafting right now.  I've been so drawn to all of the papers, stamps and scrapbook layouts using this element.  It was fun to use it with a card for this sketch.  I chose MFT Pure Innocence Make Mine a Double for this card.  The stamp set was largely inspired by my recent purchase of the 6x6 paper pad of My Mind's Eye- On the Sunny Side.  Love ice cream cones and popsicles when it's hot out-  And trust me-  it's HOT out here in KY.  Temps this week expected to reach 104!!


I put a lot of time into the details on this card-  the addition of the twine on the dress waistline to match the banner twine, stitching and the tiny custom flowers on the dress and banners.





  The flowers are actually three individual bitty blossoms punch pieces folded and pinched together on a glue dot.


Finally a look at the inside of the card



No comments:

Post a Comment